What is the role?
The Lead Engineer is responsible for achieving project objectives by technically coordinating, planning, executing, tracking and assessing the results of the work of assigned projects.
Your workplace is at our Villa California Building office in Barendrecht. You will also work regularly at our project sites. The number of working hours will be determined after consultation.
Your responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for: scope, quality and technical coordination for assigned project(s);
- Technical point of contact for the client and software engineers working on the project;
- Monitoring of progress;
- Responsible for preparing projects and additional work calculations;
- Reporting, discussing and budgeting changes to project hours;
- Responsible for the agreed quality of work delivered;
- Responsible for regular consultation on the progress of the work;
- Co-managing, training and coaching of project staff;
- Contributing to setting up, expanding, maintaining and complying to procedures and methods;
- Advising on the required level of knowledge of Software Engineers;
- Advising on job description changes;
- Enforcing rules for safety and working conditions at the workplace and project site.
What you have to offer?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s working and thinking level;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- The necessary knowledge of regulations, guidelines and standards; you can interpret and apply these correctly;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written;
- Experience with object-oriented software development;
- Knowledge of and experience with PLCs and SCADA systems;
- Knowledge of and experience with communication protocols and (industrial) networks;
- A technical commercial attitude and well-developed analytical skills;
- Knowledge of modern software applications such as Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and projects) and preferably knowledge of Exact-online.
What are we looking for?
In this position, you will have a high degree of responsibility. It is therefore desirable that you have certain skills. Within Twinson Industrial Automation B.V., we work with competence profiles. To perform this job well, certain competencies have been established. For example, good oral communication is required for this position. Cooperation is also an important competence. As the person with final responsibility, you must also have good organisational skills, so that you can work in a result-oriented manner for the proper execution of the project.
You recognise yourself in (at least) the following capabilities
- Conceptual ability
What we can offer you
- A pleasant and inspiring working environment within a dynamic and social company;
- A challenging and independent position with a lot of responsibility within industrial automation;
- A competitive salary depending on your work experience and additional benefits;
- A one-year contract with the outlook of permanent employment;
- A position with a sense of ownership;
- The space and freedom to continue to develop yourself and contribute new ideas;
HOW TO APPLY
Can we count on you to be our new Lead Engineer? Then get in contact! Applying is easy. Send a short motivational letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the position and/or the application procedure, please contact Erik van Os at +31 180 799 850.